Tickets for Raleigh’s Dreamville Festival April 2-3, 2022 are upwards of $200, so when I discovered they were charging $30 a day for “Official Dreamville Parking” on NC State’s Centennial campus, I was understandably upset.
Here’s your best option to save some money on parking this weekend:
Although Dreamville has commandeered Centennial campus parking, employee and student lots on NC State’s Main campus are still free this weekend.
If you park in one of these main campus lots, you can take a bus, walk, or bike to Dorothea Dix Park.
Buses that route from Main Campus to the festival are:
- GoRaleigh Route 11
- GoTriangle Route 300
You can use the TransLoc app to find bus stops routing in the correct direction and be sure to have at least $5 cash for the fares there and back (preferably with a couple of quarters since they require exact change).
If you don’t mind paying some extra money for some convenience, here are the options Dreamville provides for parking.
HOW TO GET TO THE FEST:
- Official Event Parking at NC State University’s centennial campus
- Costs $30 per day
- Located right across the street from Dix Park – first come, first served
- Ride the downtown shuttle
- Costs $20 total for a two-day pass
- Picks up from MOORE SQUARE in the heart of Downtown and drops off right next to the West Entrance into Dreamville Fest
- The DOWNTOWN SHUTTLES will run non-stop continuous service from 10:30 a.m. until 1 a.m. Reserve in advance online
- Take an Uber or Lyft or Taxi. Designated drop off / pick up zones are located on either side of Dorothea Dix Park (Centennial Parkway and Western Blvd/Boylan Ave), within close walking distance of the Dreamville venue entrances.
- Bike or walk to the park
- The festival provides two designated locations for bike parking, near each main entrance: on the corner of Centennial Pkwy and Blair Dr. and on the corner of Western Blvd and Hunt Dr.
- Take public transit
- Travel by train
- Those traveling to and from the Dreamville Festival on April 2-3 can save 25% via NC By Train tickets
- Stops include New York, New Jersey, Washington, D.C and across North Carolina
- Arrive at Raleigh Union Station, which is only two miles from Dorothea Dix Park
- Book tickets and save 25% (code: V681)
– Written by Elle Bonet, WKNC video content creator