Howdy y’all! You know those songs that, when they come on, you’ll never skip past? Maybe you’ll even go back and listen to it again as soon as it ends? I wanted to share a list of my never-skips with you and a tidbit about why. I hope you have had a great holiday weekend and I wish you the best with finals!
Kokomo by The Beach Boys
- My boyfriend and I used to sing this in the car, so whenever I hear it it’s like a happy memory.
Bloom by The Paper Kites
- Reminds me very much of 2014 Tumblr
baseball by Hippo Campus
- What I imagine people who like sports feel when their team does well.
It’s My Party by Lesley Gore
- 1960s delightfulness
A Sunday Kind Of Love by Etta James
- Not necessarily melancholy, but not necessarily upbeat either. Makes me wish I was living in New York City.
Tommy’s Party by Peach Pit
- So sad yet so good.
I Found by Amber Run
- Another 2014-esque sad song.
By and By by Caamp
- I love Caamp, and By and By is probably one of my favorite songs from them.
Turning Page by Sleeping At Last
- This song reminds me of Twilight and brings tears to my eyes. I love love!
That Funny Feeling by Bo Burnham (BUT the Phoebe Bridgers cover)
- While Bo Burnham’s version of his own song is grand, the Phoebe Bridgers’s version takes the cake for me.
Savior Complex by Phoebe Bridgers (or any other song off of Punisher)
- Must I say more?