It is nearly the holiday season, so I’ve been brainstorming gifts to get for my loved ones as well as items I may want for myself. But there are some things that I want that can’t be fulfilled by a gift wrapped up in a box, and most of those things are weird music concepts. Like for example, how is one supposed to ask for a Taylor Swift cover of the entire “XO” album by Elliott Smith? I’ve deemed these things my music wishlist, and I’d like to share it with you all.
The following is my music wishlist:
- For the band Rilo Kiley to get back together and tour
- A Fiona Apple Tour
- For me to be able to see every artist I like in an intimate venue
- Concert tickets to be less expensive
- A Maggie Rogers and Phoebe Bridgers collaborative album
- A time machine to see old artists/bands at their prime
- A Taylor Swift “Hot Ones” Interview
- “All I Wanted” by Paramore to be performed live
- Fiona Apple to cover the entire “Let It Be” album by The Beatles
- A Frank Ocean Tour
There are legitimate reasons that most (if not all) of these things will never happen, but, in my dream world, those barriers wouldn’t exist. Do you have any music-related pipe dreams that’ll probably never happen?