- Park at NC State’s Wolf Ridge apartments’ parking lot!!! NC State is charging $20 for event parking at the coliseum deck and other parking lots, but NC State resident spots are free and open to the public on the weekends. You could realistically park anywhere on NC State’s campus that is a resident’s spot, but the Wolf Ridge apartments are the closest to Dorthea Dix. As pictured below, the red circle is the parking lot and the yellow line is the path you will walk to the festival grounds. The path is 0.4 miles which is a 9 minute walk. Even though you will have to cross the Centennial Parkway, there is a light and crosswalk where you have to cross.
What to Bring
- Portable charger
- Or consider buying a locker with built in phone chargers for $20
- Empty water bottle
- The festival will have multiple water stations but if you really want to stay hydrated and save the environment bring a small empty water bottle
- Note: this must be empty when going through security
- Some kind of light and portable jacket
- Bonus if its a rain jacket
- Raleigh’s weather is weird and even though it says 75 and cloudy the weather could change in an instance
What NOT to Bring
- Non-clear Backpacks
- I was really surprised by this! You are not allowed to bring backpacks into the festival grounds unless they are clear and only have one pocket. You are allowed to bring a fanny pack so pull up in style and rock that fanny pack instead.
- Get there earlier than expected
- This is the first Dreamville festival ever!! Security may take a little longer than expected simply because they want this festival to run as smooth as possible. Instead of missing an artist you really care about, get to the festival grounds a little earlier than intended so that you can ensure you see all your favorite artists.
Annelise Thorn, Assistant Promotions Director, WKNC 88.1