The music I find most fulfilling is music that grounds and centers me. More often than not music that performs this role, for me at least, is music that centers around some part of the human condition.
amongstEverything is a playlist I curated around this concept. Some of the songs’ sound leans into a synthy and otherworldly feeling, while others’ lyrics tap into the core of what it is to be a human.
Ideally, this playlist would be listened to outside and would be paired with an ice-cold glass of lemonade, a clear head and an open heart.
amongstEverything can be streamed on Spotify, and without further ado, here are some songs that fulfill me and I hope do the same for you.
- “Life” — Jeffrey Lewis
- “Walking the Cow” — Daniel Johnston
- “Lady Gaga you once said in an interview that you write music for the fashion industry. Is fashion as important to you as music?” — Jan Jelinek
- “Thank You!” — Kilo Kish
- “Alien Observer” — Grouper
- “I Was Born in Arizona” — Dear Nora
- “POKKA POKKA” — Fishmans
- “白日” — Polaris
- “Crab” — Alex G
- “Flower” — Mega Bog
- “Clay Pigeons” — Michael Cera
- “How Sad, How Lovely” — Connie Converse
- “Knight Rider” — of Montreal
- “I Was Born (A Unicorn)” — The Unicorns
- “Spring’s Near” — Parsley Sound
Until next time,