I am not necessarily qualified to give music predictions, but as a WKNC employee, I can pretend that I am. Therefore, listed below are my top music predictions heading into the rest of 2022.
I predict that…
- Rap/Hip-Hop songs will play a bigger role in general music charts.
- A$AP Rocky and Rihanna will put out a single together.
- Electronic music will begin its take over of traditionally indie local DIY scenes.
- Grunge music will make an even bigger return.
- Paris Texas will blow up.
- Tik-Tok will continue to dictate music trends.
- Ski Mask the Slump God will put out an incredibly divisive mix.
- We will see the rise of more female rappers.
- Boy Harsher will continue to move back their tour dates until the eventually cancel them all.*
*This one is not really a prediction but perhaps a personal expression of sadness.
I look forward to seeing how accurate (or inaccurate) this list may become in 2022.
Here’s to making semi-educated guesses,