Now that it’s November, it’s time for me to give you the third and final installment of the “it’s fall, y’all” playlist. September’s theme was folk and acoustic sounds, October’s was haunted and synth-y for Halloween, and I’m happy to finally share with you what November’s theme is.
These fifteen songs are jazz and blues themed. Although somewhat different genres, I decided to make the first bit of the playlist jazzy and the last couple of songs blues in order to tie it back to the folkiness of September’s theme. I hope these songs remind you of cold rainy days, warm fuzzy socks and twinkling street lights.
Without further ado, here are the final fifteen songs of “it’s fall, y’all.”
- “I Fall In Love Too Easily” — Chet Baker
- “The Starlit Hour” — Ella Fitzgerald and Her Famous Orchestra
- “The Great Pumpkin Waltz” — Vince Guaraldi
- “Some Enchanted Evening” — Etta Jones
- “You Are Special” — Johnny Costa
- “Nostalgia in Times Square” — Mingus Big Band
- “Sleepin’ Bee” — Tommy Flanagan
- “Don’t Smoke In Bed” — Nina Simone
- “Lilac Wine” — Eartha Kitt
- “Baby Won’t You Please Come Home – Live at Newport Jazz Festival 1958” — Louis Armstrong
- “Happy Ending” — Sammy Davis Jr.
- “Let It Be” — Bill Withers
- “A Sunday Kind Of Love” — Etta James
- “Mary Had A Little Lamb” — Buddy Guy
- “Little Red Rooster” — Willie Dixon
I hope this playlist carries you through the rest of this Autumn and for all of the future ones to come. As always, I’ve made it into a Spotify playlist for your enjoyment.