I recently was loaned/given a car by my family to bring to campus this semester since I’d be living driving distance away from campus. This car was previously owned by my sister, who inherited it from my dad, who had it after my mom. Essentially, everyone in my immediate family has owned this car before I have, thus meaning there’s random things that belong to everyone scattered around my car. Particularly, in the center console there are thirteen CDs that belong to individuals in my family. Let’s take a look at those CDs.
- “River of Dreams” — Billy Joel (two copies)
- “Whitney” — Whitney Houston
- “Best Shots” — Pat Benatar
- “21” — Adele
- “Hell Freezes Over” — Eagles
- “25” — Adele
- “Daydream” — Mariah Carey
- “20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best Of ABBA” — ABBA
- “The Essential Bruce Springsteen” — Bruce Springsteen
- “Greatest Hits” — Elton John
- Tune Time 2013
- One of my mom’s old coworkers would make mixtapes every year for the best/most popular songs of the year. 2013 included the likes of “Ho Hey” by The Lumineers, “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons, and “Feel This Moment” by Christina Aguilera and Pitbull.
- My Mom’s Favorite Songs
- My dad used to love making mixtapes back when CDs were still culturally very relevant. This particular burned disc is 12 of my mom’s favorite songs including: “Last Dance” by Donna Summer, “Brandy” by Looking Glass, and “You’ve Really Got A Hold On Me” by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles.
So, clearly my family has taste (although I’m fairly certain most of these are my mom’s, they were enjoyed by all). Next time I drive I’ll pop in one of these at random and see what they have to offer.
Until next time,