WIth one day of Hopscotch under my belt, I’m looking forward to the rest. Hippo Campus and Caroline Polachek put on fun shows, and I’m looking forward to Dr. Dog and Animal Collective, among others. With my photo press pass, I’ve been lucky enough to get close to the stages to shoot different sets. Speaking of cameras, I thought I’d give you all a bag tour of what I take to Hopscotch.
- Canon HD Camcorder (with charger): I’m taking shots of the music sets I attend, the crowds, my WKNC coworkers/friends, and the two “venues.”
- Nikon Nice Touch Zoom 35mm Point & Shoot Film Camera (with extra film & batteries): For pictures of the acts and my friends.
- Wallet: With my ID, vaccine card, and money.
- Inhaler: I have asthma.
- Sunglasses: To protect my precious eyes.
- Face Mask: Obviously.
- Phone: Always on me.
- Gum: I’m anti-mask breath.
- Photo Pass: For a better chance at better shots. Side note: Being super close to the stage is pretty surreal.
Here’s to the NCSU library for letting me borrow the camcorder,