- Show Out (feat. Skepta & Pop Smoke) by Kid Cudi: After 10 years, Kid Cudi has followed up MOTM II with the third installment, The Chosen. Keep your eyes peeled for my review of the new album!
- SLIME by Shygirl: UK artist Shygirl perfectly captures the grime of the nightclub with “SLIME.” Produced in part by SOPHIE, the track combines rumbling sub bass with futuristic synth effects and, of course, Shygirl’s primal vocals.
- Quiche by Chukwu: This cut by Chukwu features an eerie percussion loop and foreboding bass – the perfect foundation for his gruff delivery and cold-blooded bars.
- The Other Lover by Little Dragon and Moses Sumney: Moses teams up with Little Dragon to bring us “The Other Lover,” a meditation on love triangles complete with synth swells and horn lines.
- Watch Me (feat. Joey Bada$$) by Statik Selektah: Statik Selektah’s new album The Balancing Act is packed full of features from some of the biggest names in hip-hop like Nas, 2 Chainz and Killer Mike. A personal favorite is “Watch Me,” featuring Joey Bada$$.
- JOURNEY by Tobe Nwigwe: 2020 saw the release of Tobe Nwigwe’s THE PANDEMIC PROJECT. “JOURNEY,” with its gospel/hip-hop crossover appeal is a highlight for sure.
- What It Feels Like by Potatohead People: This track features a sticky guitar loop, horn sections and verses from T3, Illa J and Kapok.
- SUPER TUESDAY! by JPEGMAFIA: EP!, Peggy’s latest offering, is a collection of singles released throughout the year, with “SUPER TUESDAY!” being the latest. This one finds him rapping with a measured flow over a soulful string sample.
– DJ Mango