It’s hard to believe 2009 is half over.
There have been tons of albums out in months one through six that our DJs have released over the airwaves, some of which resulted in countless requests and songs that got stuck in our heads for days on end. It’s hard to narrow them down, but a few of the WKNC music directors have made their picks for the top five albums of the year so far in their respective formats.
Local Music Director Adam Kincaid selected…
1. Bombadil: Tarpits & Canyonlands
2. Colossus: Drunk On Blood
3. The Love Language: The Love Language
4. Lonnie Walker: These Times Old Times
5. Embarrassing Fruits: Community/Exploitation
With honorable mentions for…
Americans in France: Pretzelvania
Hammer No More The Fingers: Looking For Bruce
Disagree with Adam’s picks? Send him an email and let him know which albums you would have chosen.
Daytime Music Director Jenna St. Pierre selected…
1. Cotton Jones: Paranoid Cocoon
2. Dirty Projectors: Bitte Orca
3. Animal Collective: Merriweather Post Pavillion
4. Harlem Shakes: Technicolor Health
5. Screaming Females: Power Move
With honorable mentions for:
Akron/Family: Set ‘Em Wild, Set ‘Em Free
Phoenix: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Are there albums you think should have been on the list? Email Jenna to discuss.
Underground Music Director Damion Sledge chose…
Saigon and Statik Selektah: All in a Day’s Work
If you have Underground albums to add to the list, email Damion.
Stay tuned for the next six months of albums on WKNC, and we’ll see which ones come out on top in December!