Eye on the Triangle, WKNC’s weekly public affairs program, made its debut Aug. 24. The show is split up into several segments – a news rundown for the week, VIP interviews, local music, local arts, student of the week, and soundbytes. The following is a break-down of each of the segments and what they featured last week. Be sure to listen to the podcasts of the segments if you missed out last week, and don’t forget to tune in tomorrow from 7-8 p.m. for another episode!
- VIP: Public Affairs Director Saja Hindi and VIP Correspondent Adam Compton interview Chancellor Jim Woodward and Provost Warwick Arden to discuss topics ranging from the officials’ vision for the University to budget cuts to a day in the life of their respective posts.
- Hear This: Local Music Director Adam Kincaid interviews Audio Production Consultant Mikey Perros on Hear Here!, the new local music compilation featuring brand new songs from 17 bands from Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill.
- Community Canvas: General Manager Mike Alston interviews Sarah Schroth with the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University about the Picasso and the Allure of Language” exhibition on view from Aug. 20 through Jan. 10, 2010. To hear more about Picasso’s 60 works from 1900 to 1969, tune in tonight!
- Student of the Week: Lianne Gonsalves speaks about her experience in Honduras this summer, interning for the State Department. You can also click to see some of the pictures from her trip below.
- Soundbytes: Correspondent Caitlin Cauley interviews people around campus about how the Hillsborough Street construction is affecting them.If you have any comments, suggestions or questions, don’t hesitate to shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com