by Cioffi on Jan.24, 2011, under Eye on the Triangle
This week, we have quite the show for you:
- Mark Herring, our correspondent has prepared a story commemorating the year anniversary of the Haiti Earthquake.
- I got acquainted with the new Zip Car Program on N.C. State University’s campus.
- We will have a cutting from the Burning Coal Theater’s newest production, Blue.
- Then, later, We will have a segment from Kyle Jones about what it really means to be organic.
- We will also have readings from authors published in this year’s Windhover, NC State’s literary magazine.
- Weather, Sports, and finally, some representatives from The NC State University Ducks unlimited club will stop by to talk about their organization.
So, tune in Tuesday, January 25, from 7 to 8 p.m. here on 88.1FM for all this and more, on Eye on The Triangle.
by DJ Elly May on Jan.12, 2011, under Promotions
“Burning Coal announces the world premiere of Blue by Raleigh playwright Kelly Doyle. Blue is a comedy about Louise, a self-absorbed wife who falls for an escape artist at the circus, Adagio, her equally self absorbed comic-book-making-artist husband with a juvenile perspective on the world, and William, the seductive but dangerous circus performer Louise falls for. Blue opens this Thursday the 13th and runs through January 30th. Burning Coal is also featuring a Thursday Night Out package that includes a drink at Market Restaurant. Call 919-834-4001 for details. Or go to burningcoal.org.” -Press release, 1/11/11
Just listen to WKNC and be the correct caller when the DJ asks for it this week to win a pair of tickets to a showing of Blue during its opening weekend, January 13-16!